Mac Computer Redirecting to Yahoo Search Results
If you are using FIREFOX and your computer is redirecting you to Yahoo and then a bunch of non-relevant sites, you may not have a virus at all. I had this issue for months and could not figure it out. Turns out, it was some add-ons by the same company, SPIGOT, (don’t ask how they got there, I don’t know!) But once removed, everything was fine.
- When your Firefox browser is open go to TOOLS
- Click on Add-ons
- Go to Extensions
- Start looking for any by the company SPIGOT (will likely be greyed out because it’s not compatible with updated Firefox
- Uninstall the SPIGOT extensions. (Amazon, Ebay and a couple others most likely. Personal experience, there were 4 add extensions to delete.)
- Clear history and Close Firefox.
- Reopen and should be good as new!
This also removes that annoying ‘Hot Deals’ tab that shows up in your browser. Don’t bother with all that DNS changing stuff until you’ve tried this. I tried DNS first and of course it didn’t work. The problem was in the Firefox extensions.
Hope this helps!